To Hell With Cupid

First I'd like to say Happy Valentine's Day, even though most of us are not so happy on this day. A lot of you are realizing the relationship you thought you were in is not as serious as you thought. Today you might have found out you were a side dish and not the main course or maybe your man just didn't give enough shit about you to make you feel special on this day. Whatever the case may be, don't let this determine your outlook on love and life.


Valentine's day is for suckers, people who need validation in their relationships (most of us). Some people take this day serious and some do not. If your man did nothing for you on this day, do not hold it against him IF he makes you feel special everyday. If a man only makes you feel special on this day with a basic ass dinner and a movie, I hope you do not drop your panties soon after. Those are common things you should do in a relationship anyway, not just on Valentine's Day. Women you need to raise your standards with men and stop letting them WOW you with things they are already supposed to do. It kills me every year on Valentine's day when I see a man and a woman walking hand and hand into a movie and she has the biggest smile on her face as if she is walking down the aisle to get married. Now, I do not know if they had mind blowing sex before hand or not, but I'm sure she was just happy they were going on a date.

If you do have someone NEW in your life and you did not put it out there to the person you are dealing with how important Valentine's Day is to you, then you can not be mad at him if he does nothing for you. Men sometimes need to be guided and given directions on how to make you happy. If you sat back and threw hints at him and he did nothing and made no effort to do anything for you on this day, do not write of him off just yet... Again, this is a made up holiday for suckers and he may not be a sucker... Especially if he makes you feel special on other days besides this day. If you told him and he gave you a lot of excuses of why he can not fulfill your needs on this day, I believe it is safe to say "He ain't shit!"

If you are single, this day should be just another single ass day in your single ass life. Why is it that you wait 'til Valentine's day to get depressed about being alone? If you have kids, family, and friends, make this day about them and stop worrying about not having a man. He will come at some point in your life, JUST NOT TODAY! Bad Timing...(Evil laugh). *see last blog for Bad timing reference*

Anyway, have a good day, treat yourself to something if nobody else will and go see Valentine wit your single friends and have a good laugh... To hell with Cupid and ni99as

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yella you did it again awesome read, so on point!!! please open up your twitter page 2 the public you are my favorite 2 follow. I am just a grown azz woman who has no real reason 2 join twitter. However I love your point of view, humor and truth. I miss reading your tweets. You have a true fan/follower/listener

Dyella said...

I can't open my page, I seriously have a stalker right now.. I love that you love my blog. I am trying to get serious about it. Thanks for following.. I may open my page back up in a week or two.

Anonymous said...

Please do get serious you have a natural talent for writing, not the typical BS these writers are dishing, I am magazine junkie, read everything and no 1 is like you out there. Approach every magazine and I mean every1, especially the blk community. Freelance if necessary to get your foot in or hire a publicist. I want u 2 reach all these knuckle headed girls/women out here.

Post a Comment

 
Diary of A Mad Light Skinned Woman | TNB

AmazingCounters.com
KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE